Create Your Own Glitter Palette

Pin It!




I've always had a thing for Stickles but when once I got my hands on the new Dry Stickles it went to a whole new level.  I created a video for you to show you just how easy it was to create my own custom color palette using the fabulous Distress Stickles Dry Glitter and Adirondack Alcohol Inks.  I am In LOVE~  
There are a few differences between the Distress Stickles Dry Glitter
 and the regular Stickles Dry Fine Glitter.
 
* Distress Glitter comes in just one color (clear Rock Candy) but don't let that stop you, with the help of my video tutorial you can create a multitude of colors for your projects. 
* Distress glitter has variegated glitter sizes
* Distress glitter has a beautiful shimmer without being overly sparkly
* Distress dry glitter comes in a large 60 gram jar 
* The Stickles Dry Fine Glitter is available in 24 colors
* Stickles Dry fine glitter comes in a 21.2gram jar with shaker top and screw off lid
* Stickles Dry fine glitter will add lots of beautiful sparkle and shine to your projects
 
One of my favorite things, as you will see in the video, is you can make several shades of the same color glitter!   The ones below I created in 3 shades of Eggplant by adding more or less of the Adirondack alcohol ink to each little container of Dry Distress Glitter.  The stripes were made by using Wonder Tape.  Love It!!!
 
 It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!!!
1. Scoop glitter into a smaller container
2. add a few drops of Alcohol Ink
3. Stir well and let dry!
  

18 comments:

Tina Campbell November 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM  

That is really cool! I maybe looking into the alchol inks after all now

Sheree November 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM  

Very nice! On my way to Hobby Lobby with my new "sister"! My son married a non-crafter but her mom is my new crafting buddy! How cool is that?
Got this on my shopping list. Thanks for posting.

Lisa November 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM  

Glad you are back! Great info. I love alcohol ink.

paddy November 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM  

I love it! I am not a real glitter gal but every once in a while I need to use some - now I can get some and adjust to the actual color I need
thank you for showing me this!

Vickie Kertz November 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM  

I love this. The thought of making glitter to match your project is just fantastic.

An Oasis in the Desert November 17, 2012 at 6:06 AM  

This is such a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

Maureen Hayes November 17, 2012 at 6:53 AM  

This is so cool, thanks so much for sharing how to do this. I know I am always trying to find the right shade of glitter to match my project, now I can make my own!

Angels6 November 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM  

How have you been - again thanks for sharing
pray all is going well with you and your family
how did you do your birdhouses are the painted
or are they paper - this would be a super
video on how to do
take care and glad your back

Sue from Oregon November 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

What a great idea! TFS!

Michael November 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

Christie,

Thank you for this tutorial!!!! It came at the perfect time as I am getting ready to make my Christmas cards and needed colored glitter, but couldn't find just the right color to match my paper. Now I will have it! You ROCK!!!
Thanks,
Michael

Juliet A November 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM  

So cool! now, lets see the projects you are making with all the colored glitter!

Debbie November 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are well.

Unknown February 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM  

Gorgeous colors and great idea! So need to try this.

Ann February 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM  

My question about this is: Is the colored glitter as sparkle-y as other pre-colored glitter. I ask because I purchased a pink sheet of glitter paper but really needed red so I sprayed it with some of my copic ink but the sparkle was really not sparkle-y anymore.

bridget22868 March 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM  

AWESOME IDEA! Thanks so much. I will be doing this too.

Kaśka April 5, 2015 at 6:41 AM  

Super pomysł- dziękuję :)

Anonymous April 4, 2018 at 11:54 PM  

I've seen videos on glitters being made by salt. Is this a good idea? I was wondering, wouldn't the salt melt with paint or glue and how would it hold up?

ahmed deraz December 7, 2020 at 1:59 PM  

خدمات دبى – ابو الهول
تركيب عشب طبيعى دبى
توريد وتركيب عشب صناعى دبى

Post a Comment

If you have a question please leave your email so I can respond, Thank You :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Grab My Button


Contact Me At

Archives

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected